- Make what is probably the final cut of the year. Ensure the mower blades are at their highest setting.
- Finish planting tulips.
- Continue to plant and divide perennials.
- Plant deciduous hedges.
- Plant new deciduous shrubs and trees.
- If you need to move established plants, cut back longer shoots and dig out the plant with as large a root ball as possible for replanting in a prepared planting hole deeper and wider than the root ball.
- Dig over and add well rotted organic matter such as homemade compost or composted stable manure.
Winter prune established bushes and fruit trees (not stone fruits such as plums and cherries).