- Mow as required. Feed and weed as necessary.
Pots & Hanging Baskets:
- Plant up summer containers, pots and hanging baskets. Use compost containing water storing granules and slow release fertiliser or add water storing gel and plant food.
- Pinch out Fuchsias to help them become bushy and produce more flowers.
- Weed borders as required.
- Support tall perennials.
- Harden off (acclimatising plants to the outdoors) summer bedding that has been grown under glass. Start by placing them out during the day time only. They can be left out all the time once the danger of frost is over (about 10th May in our area).
- Vegetable Patch:
- Sow Marrows and Courgettes, Runner Beans and Sweet Corn.
- Plant tender vegetables such as Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Aubergines, Peppers and Melons in grow bags.
- Take cuttings of Sage, Thyme and Rosemary.
- Put straw around Strawberry plants.
- De-shoot Peaches and Nectarines.
- Feed Figs and mulch.
- Prune early flowering shrubs such as Kerria japonica and Forsythia and Ribes after flowering.