Accounts Payable Clerk – Maternity cover until January 2020
Hours: 40/week 8:30am to 5.30pm Mon-Fri
We are looking for an Accounts Payable Clerk to join our Accounts Team at our Group Office in Badshot Lea. You will be reporting directly to the Purchase Ledger Supervisor and work with team of 9.
We are looking for an individual with an accounting background, good attention to detail, able to work under pressure to produce timely and accurate reports.
The ideal candidate will study towards a professional qualification (AAT) with a strong academic background. The ability and willingness to be flexible in a changing environment is essential.
A working knowledge of Access Dimensions would be beneficial.
- Code and enter purchase invoices
- Match invoices on ACCESS, sort out any quantity or pricing issues then pass invoices
- Raise credit requests and debit notes to the relevant supplier, enter onto access and file
- Print out statement checklist, mark received statements and chase up any missing invoices
- Check through statements and identify missing invoices/credits and request copy
- Prepare monthly purchase ledger accruals
- Produce audit reports for key suppliers and reconcile to purchase ledger accounts
- File and scan invoices monthly
- Archive filing on an annual basis
- Chase and enter metre readings each month
- Sort post and emails daily
- Answer office phone and when required reception phone