Your primary responsibility will be to provide professional support the Management Team in the maintenance of stock accuracy and pricing integrity to ensure compliance with company Stock Control policy with emphasis on Central Replenishment routines and procedures. Acting with discretion and confidentiality at all times. Working closely with the Garden Centre Manager to maintain stock accuracy and pricing functions from beginning to end.
Duties to include:
- Ensuring all relevant reports related to stock accuracy are reviewed, investigated and actioned in line with Company policy, including liaison with the Centre team as necessary.
- Process and action Company price changes and price checks in an accurate and timely manner, ensuring all documentation is completed and electronically filed.
- Ensure all methods of tender are reconciled with the sales information recorded on the tills in accordance with Company procedures.
- Take responsibility for the security of monies held in the Centre safe and ensure they are banked in a secure and timely manner.
- Maintain all cash administration documentation, including safe floats and petty cash.
Who we are looking for:
- Have excellent Excel skills
- Proven experience of working in similar role within a retail environment is essential
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Organised, self-disciplined with a positive, collaborative attitude
- Ability to deliver high level of accuracy and attention to detail
Hours: Part time – Alternate Mondays, every Wednesday and alternate Saturdays – 4 hours each day
Rewards & Benefits
- Employee Discount – 50% in Restaurants and 10% in Garden Centre on joining, increasing to 20% after 3 months service, 25% after 2 years’ service and 30% after 5 years’ service.
- Holiday (including bank holidays) – 5.6 weeks on joining increasing to 6.2 week after 2 years’ service and 6.6 weeks after 5 years’ service.
- Bonus – We reward our employees with a non-contractual bonus at Christmas, based on the profit of the company in any financial year. (first year is dependent on start date)
- Pension – We are all aware of how important it is to save for our retirement. We offer a Defined Contribution Pension Plan to new employees. If you pay into the plan and meet the government criteria, the company will too, and these contributions will be invested.
- Attendance – Our employees with 100% attendance in a financial year, are rewarded with Squire’s gift vouchers.
- Made A Difference Scheme (M.A.D) – a reward scheme for team members who make a difference to our business through; outstanding customer service, over and above normal duties or initiatives that have grown / inspired the business. There is a monthly winner and a ‘team member of the year’. All winners select a gift to receive.
- Learning & Development -You can look forward to a wealth of learning opportunities with us that will enhance and develop you with the skills and confidence you need.
- Free parking – available to all employees in the designated parking areas on our sites.
Squire’s is a family-owned group of 16 garden centres based in Surrey, Sussex, Middlesex, and Berkshire. We are committed to growing our business and to promoting the highest standards in horticultural retailing. We want our staff to enjoy working with us in a friendly, energetic customer focused environment.