This is a fantastic opportunity to join our small in-house Buying team with this very varied and hands on role, in a friendly environment.
Your primary responsibility will be to provide a professional support to the Buying Team. Always acting with discretion and confidentiality.
Working closely with the Purchasing Director (PD), Leisure and Plant Buyers etc. to co-ordinate all Buying Administration functions from beginning to end.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Place orders, meet suppliers as agreed with PD, have contingency alternatives available to maintain supply to centres
- Produce and maintain supplier listings and prices, pricing to provide the best combination between margin and value
- Prepare a monthly marketing plan as agreed with PD, Marketing and Buyers
- Prepare all documentation for product meetings and Department Head meetings
- Prepare various documents using PowerPoint, Word and Excel on behalf of the Buying Team
- Check invoices on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy Prepare confidential letters and reports on behalf of the Buyers
- Maintain price files, internet and EPOS stock/price file
- Maintain filing in an organised and timely manner
- Organise internal and external meetings for Buyers and co-ordinate diaries and schedules where applicable
- Create and use automated reports using EPOS
- Deliver effective exit of products no longer listed
- Work with EPOS team to maintain Epos stock file credibility and produce relevant reports
- Help manage stock levels across the agreed categories by centre
- Liaise with PD and Centre Managers regarding space allocation of new ranges
- Deal with all incoming telephone calls and enquiries, in a professional manner
- Liaise professionally and effectively – Internally with PD, Buyers, Accounts Department, Managers and their teams at the Garden Centres and Externally with all Businesses and Suppliers
- Give clear, consistent and timely communication to ensure that Centres know what they need to know when they need to know it
Who we are looking for:
- Excellent Excel skills
- Proven experience of working in an administration role within a retail environment is essential
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Organised, self-disciplined and collaborative, with a positive, can-do attitude to work and life!
- Ability to deliver high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Previous experience in a similar role is desirable
Squire’s is a family-owned group of 16 garden centre’s based in Surrey, Sussex, Middlesex and Berkshire. We are committed to growing our business and to promoting the highest standards in horticultural retailing. We want our staff to enjoy working with us in a friendly, energetic customer focused environment.