We are looking for an enthusiastic team player who will thrive in our fast-paced café bar that serves high quality, freshly prepared food. The successful candidate must have catering experience in a retail environment and be able to work well under pressure. Previous experience of managing food hygiene is essential. No late nights.
Hours: Full Time, including alternate weekends.
At Squire’s we know that it’s our people who make the Company successful. Since 1936 the purpose of our business has been the happiness of those who work in it. Both our employees and our customers are extremely important to us.
We want our employees to be known for their friendliness, helpfulness, and good customer service, with their whole ethos being ‘nothing is too much trouble for our customers’. In turn we will provide an extensive benefit package, please see below.
Rewards & Benefits
- Employee Discount – 50% in Restaurants and10% in Garden Centre on joining, increasing to 20% after 3 months service, 25% after 2 years’ service and 30% after 5 years’ service.
- Holiday (including bank holidays) – 5.6 weeks on joining increasing to 6.2 week after 2 years’ service and 6.6 weeks after 5 years’ service.
- Bonus – We reward our employees with a non-contractual bonus at Christmas, based on the profit of the company in any financial year. (first year is dependent on start date)
- Pension – We are all aware of how important it is to save for our retirement. We offer a Defined Contribution Pension Plan to new employees. If you pay into the plan and meet the government criteria, the company will too, and these contributions will be invested.
- Attendance – Our employees with 100% attendance in a financial year, are rewarded with Squire’s gift vouchers.
- Made A Difference Scheme (M.A.D) – a reward scheme for team members who make a difference to our business through; outstanding customer service, over and above normal duties or initiatives that have grown / inspired the business. There is a monthly winner and a ‘team member of the year’. All winners select a gift to receive.
- Learning & Development -You can look forward to a wealth of learning opportunities with us that will enhance and develop you with the skills and confidence you need.
- Free parking – available to all employees in the designated parking areas on our sites.
Squire’s is a family-owned group of 16 garden centres based in Surrey, Sussex, Middlesex, and Berkshire. We are committed to growing our business and to promoting the highest standards in horticultural retailing. We want our staff to enjoy working with us in a friendly, energetic customer focused environment.