Working within the E-Commerce team to help support business functionality, being available for our operation teams and customers, with a mission to deliver a best-in-class customer experience.
At Squire’s we know that it’s our people who make the Company successful. Since 1936 the purpose of our business has been the happiness of those who work in it. Both our employees and our customers are extremely important to us.
We want our employees to be known for their friendliness, helpfulness, and good customer service, with their whole ethos being ‘nothing is too much trouble for our customers’. In turn we will provide an extensive benefit package, please see below.
This position is a fixed term contract for 6 months.
Working hours: 8:30am-5:30pm Monday-Friday
Based at our Group Office in Farnham, Surrey
Supporting across all functionalities of E-Commerce including customer service, product content and customer fulfilment
Customer Service Support
- Support online shop customer queries/difficulties/concerns
- Leasing with wider teams for more complex solutions and supporting Garden Centre’s with online resolutions
- Seek to identify opportunities to develop the online shop operation from a shopper’s perspective
- Assist online shop product content housekeeping and page merchandising
- Write product descriptions that are accurate, engaging and equally attractive to consumers and search engine’s
- Responsible for loading and housekeeping approved linked sales
- Support product loads for sale on e-commerce third party platforms
- Take high quality pictures and co-ordinate with key stakeholders to get perfect pictures
- Proofread products listing content to ensure accuracy and quality of script
- Support inventory management and stock controls, ensuring all systems and thresholds are updated
- Be responsible for monitoring that orders are picked and shipped on time via our own delivery fleet, including working with any courier providers to ensure a seamless delivery experience for our customers
- Responsible for the production and fulfilment of online gift card sales
- Assist with running reports and maintain well organised folders that are always available and accessible
- Assist with wider and connected Group Office and Garden Centre support
- Assisting with various ad-hoc admin tasks
- Travel between various sites to be able to assist/train Garden Centre E-Commerce operation teams
Interface with key Personnel
- Integral working relationships within E-Commerce Team, Marketing Team, Buying Team, IT Manager and Garden Centre Operators
- Working with agency and courier partners
This job description is intended as a guideline. Duties and tasks may vary in order to meet with the needs of the business and our customers
Rewards & Benefits
- Employee Discount – 50% in Restaurants and10% in Garden Centre on joining, increasing to 20% after 3 months service, 25% after 2 years’ service and 30% after 5 years’ service.
- Holiday (including bank holidays) – 5.6 weeks on joining increasing to 6.2 week after 2 years’ service and 6.6 weeks after 5 years’ service.
- Bonus – We reward our employees with a non-contractual bonus at Christmas, based on the profit of the company in any financial year. (first year is dependent on start date)
- Pension – We are all aware of how important it is to save for our retirement. We offer a Defined Contribution Pension Plan to new employees. If you pay into the plan and meet the government criteria, the company will too, and these contributions will be invested.
- Attendance – Our employees with 100% attendance in a financial year, are rewarded with Squire’s gift vouchers.
- Made A Difference Scheme (M.A.D) – a reward scheme for team members who make a difference to our business through; outstanding customer service, over and above normal duties or initiatives that have grown / inspired the business. There is a monthly winner and a ‘team member of the year’. All winners select a gift to receive.
- Learning & Development -You can look forward to a wealth of learning opportunities with us that will enhance and develop you with the skills and confidence you need.
- Free parking – available to all employees in the designated parking areas on our sites.
Squire’s is a family-owned group of 16 garden centres based in Surrey, Sussex, Middlesex, and Berkshire. We are committed to growing our business and to promoting the highest standards in horticultural retailing. We want our staff to enjoy working with us in a friendly, energetic customer focused environment.