Squire’s is a family owned group of 15 garden centres based in Surrey, Sussex and Middlesex. We are committed to growing our business and to promoting the highest standards in horticultural retailing. We want our staff to enjoy working with us in a friendly, energetic customer focused environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our small in-house EPOS team with this very varied and hands on role, in a friendly environment. Your primary responsibility will be to provide a professional support to the EPOS Team. Work as a clear intermediary between the EPOS Team, Centres and Suppliers. Acting with discretion and confidentiality at all times. Working closely with the Purchasing Director and EPOS Team to co-ordinate all EPOS Administration functions from beginning to end.
Hours of work – Monday – Friday 9am-2.30pm but with the ability to be flexible in busy periods. Also, to be able to cover holidays/absences within the department.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Preparing Buyers’ excel spreadsheet listings for importing into EPOS, including checking barcodes are valid, costs, retails and rrps are completed and descriptions of products are customer friendly
- Ensuring VAT Rate is correct on the listing before import and running regular VAT reports as directed
- Running reports for centres as requested/needed
- Liaising with Buyers/Suppliers/Centres to ensure all data is correct and received in time for the stock to arrive at centre
- Setting up Promotions on EPOS System to ensure all pricing and offers are correct as per the company’s monthly promotional pack. Testing before going live and notify centres of EPOS codes that relate to the promo pack
- Close Contact with Centres to ensure all stock is listed on EPOS and barcodes are correct before they hit shop floor
- Raising allocation orders on EPOS for the EPOS centres, ensuring all products/barcodes are loaded and Weekly EPOS Bulletin issued
- Attention to detail/computer literacy is very important including the use of outlook/excel. Product knowledge preferable
- Liaising with suppliers to obtain/downloading from the internet, pictures of products for use in epos systems as required
- Liaising with marketing/buyers to obtain fact sheets for various product ranges and load into epos against the correct products so till staff are able to issue to customers
- Liaising with buyers as to age restricted products and ensuring the correct information is allocated to the products
- Setting up of end of sale/thank you/promotional vouchers codes and testing before it goes live
- Liaise professionally and effectively
- Give clear, consistent and timely communication to ensure that Centres know what they need to know when they need to know it
- Deal with all incoming telephone calls and enquiries
- Work with speed and pace
- Assist with other routine administration tasks as and when required by the EPOS Team
Who we are looking for:
- Have excellent Excel skills
- Proven experience of working in an administration role within a retail environment is essential
- Experience of working with EPOS is desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Organised, self-disciplined with a positive, collaborative attitude
- Ability to deliver high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Previous experience in a similar role is desirable
Free parking on site.