Based at our Group Office at Badshot Lea, Farnham
Monday-Friday – 8.30am-5.30pm
Squire’s is an expanding family owned group of 15 garden centres located in the West London/Surrey area. We have a vacancy for an HR, Training and Recruitment Coordinator in our HR Department, to support the HR Manager and strengthen the HR Team.
Who we’re looking for
The successful applicant will have a strong generalist background and ideally be CIPD qualified. You will have previous experience in retail and will be comfortable working in a multisite role.
- Proven HR and Training experience
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Positive and engaging approach
- Good use of initiative and common sense approach
- Ability to work at pace
- Ability to encourage and motivate people
- Effective negotiating skills
- Ability to write reports, keep records, and work within budgets
- Experience of designing and delivering training, including eLearning
- Sound understanding of employment law and its practical implementation in a commercial environment
- Ability to manage sensitive situations
What you will do
Working closely with the HR Manager you will support the centres in recruiting the best candidate for the job. You will also make sure our teams develop the skills they need to carry out their jobs effectively and deliver the highest standards of customer service and product knowledge. This will involve designing and coordinating training to cover both the Company’s current and future needs. You will also provide clear, accurate and timely advice on the use of the disciplinary, grievance and other employment legislation.
- Contribute to the HR strategy and be involved in all aspects of HR
- Use the most cost effective tools to attract high calibre candidates for our vacancies
- Identify training needs from annual performance review
- Create an annual training programme
- Manage both the training and recruitment budget
- Produce materials for in-house training
- Evaluate the success of both individual training and the overall programme
- Update policies and procedures as required
- Oversee the company’s apprentice scheme
- Line manage and mentor 2 HR/Payroll Assistants
Free parking on site.