Based at our Group Office in Badshot Lea, Farnham, Surrey
Full time: Monday-Friday
Reporting to: Group Marketing Manager
Squire’s Garden Centres is an expanding family owned group of 16 garden centres located mainly in the West London/Surrey area.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly organised marketing person, with digital marketing experience and plenty of drive!
The main focus areas of this broad exciting role, is to assist with the planning, execution and optimisation of our digital channels helping to drive footfall into our centres, manage and implement our e-newsletter, analyse marketing campaigns and manage web development projects as well as supporting the centres with their requirements.
You will be tech savvy and intuitive with great ideas to reinforce our marketing campaigns.
You will be part of a small busy in-house marketing team, so being hands on and a team player is essential.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the web content using WordPress and development projects to improve the visitor experience with our web agency
- Assist with the optimisation of our website ensuring an improving ranking on google and reporting on our KPIs using web analytics tools
- Plan, implement and monitor the social media channels; maximising engagement and reach
- Manage the day to day advertising on our social media channels
- Write engaging copy for our social media channels, website and e-newsletter
- Manage our e-newsletter and e-shots; constantly testing and monitoring for optimal results.
- Analyse and make recommendations on the impact of our marketing campaigns.
- Manage and maintain the database
- Assist with the management of events; ensuring our PR agency is briefed.
- Be the first marketing point of contact for the centres and support them with their requirements
- Manage the day to day admin of the marketing budget, ensuring invoices are processed in a timely manner.
- Support the team and centres with print and stationery requirements
- Be hands on with the team to ensure that the POS is delivered to the centres on time
- Help to monitor online brand mentions and respond to customer comments in a timely fashion
The successful candidate will ideally:
- have proven experience as a marketing assistant or similar role.
- be degree educated with a minimum 2:1, preferably marketing/business related
- have a good working knowledge of Google Analytics and WordPress
- have some experience with B2C social media, Google Adwords, Campaign Monitor (or similar email system), Survey Monkey.
- Have strong creative writing skills.
- be comfortable with numbers and interested in turning data into actionable insights.
- have proven project management experience from start to finish
- have worked in fast moving consumer facing business (retail or service business ideally)
- be confident in multi-tasking and managing stakeholders,
- have a proactive, ‘can-do’ attitude
- appreciate gardens as places to relax with friends and family, as well as grow great stuff!
Closing date is Friday 13 December 2019