Reporting to: Group Marketing Manager
We are looking for an enthusiastic, organised and self-motivated person to manage the Marketing Assistant and support the Group Marketing Manager with the development of inspiring campaigns and management of events, on time and within budget, to help to drive footfall into our centres and online sales.
This broad pivotal role will be involved with all aspects of marketing and will work closely with various teams across the business, including design, buying and e-commerce, as well our website and PR agency.
You will be tech savvy and intuitive with great ideas and attention to detail.
You will be part of a small busy in-house marketing and design team, so being hands on and a team player is essential.
- Plan and manage our customer events programme
- Manage advertising on social media channels
- Mange the Marketing Assistant
- Identify and manage website development projects to improve the visitor experience with our web agency and content is always up to date and accurate.
- Liaise with the buying and e-commerce team to ensure relevant product are being promoted.
- Manage our e-newsletter, and e-shots, using Campaign Monitor; constantly testing and monitoring for optimal results.
- Work with the Group Marketing Manager to manage group campaigns.
- Reviewing campaign assets ensuring that design & copy is on brand and meets brief.
- Create reports, analyse and present recommendations on the impact of our marketing campaigns.
- Write engaging copy for our social media channels, website and e-newsletter
- Briefing our PR agency on the events programme and assist with requests
- Assist with our ‘in the community’ programme
- Manage the staff newsletter and group office departments marketing communications requirements.
- Maintain our customer database using Campaign Monitor.
- Manage the day-to-day admin of the marketing budget, ensuring invoices are processed in a timely manner.
- Support centres with their requests
The successful candidate will ideally
- have proven experience as a marketing assistant or similar role and ready for the next step.
- be degree educated with a minimum 2:1, preferably marketing/business related
- have a good working knowledge of Google Analytics, WordPress, Facebook Ad Manager, Google Adwords, Campaign Monitor (or similar email system) and Survey Monkey.
- have proven campaign management experience from start to finish
- have strong creative writing skills and attention to detail.
- be comfortable with numbers and interested in turning data into actionable insights.
- have worked in fast moving consumer facing business (retail or service business ideally)
- be confident in multi-tasking and managing stakeholders,
- have a proactive, ‘can-do’ attitude
- appreciate gardens as places to relax with friends and family, as well as grow great stuff!
Hours: Full Time – Monday to Friday 08:30 – 17:30
At Squire’s we know that it’s our people who make the Company successful. Since 1936 the purpose of our business has been the happiness of those who work in it. Both our employees and our customers are extremely important to us.
We want our employees to be known for their friendliness, helpfulness, and good customer service, with their whole ethos being ‘nothing is too much trouble for our customers’. In turn we will provide an extensive benefit package, please see below.
Rewards & Benefits
- Employee Discount – 50% in Restaurants and10% in Garden Centre on joining, increasing to 20% after 3 months service, 25% after 2 years’ service and 30% after 5 years’ service.
- Holiday (including bank holidays) – 5.6 weeks on joining increasing to 6.2 week after 2 years’ service and 6.6 weeks after 5 years’ service.
- Bonus – We reward our employees with a non-contractual bonus at Christmas, based on the profit of the company in any financial year. (first year is dependent on start date)
- Pension – We are all aware of how important it is to save for our retirement. We offer a Defined Contribution Pension Plan to new employees. If you pay into the plan and meet the government criteria, the company will too, and these contributions will be invested.
- Attendance – Our employees with 100% attendance in a financial year, are rewarded with Squire’s gift vouchers.
- Made A Difference Scheme (M.A.D) – a reward scheme for team members who make a difference to our business through; outstanding customer service, over and above normal duties or initiatives that have grown / inspired the business. There is a monthly winner and a ‘team member of the year’. All winners select a gift to receive.
- Learning & Development -You can look forward to a wealth of learning opportunities with us that will enhance and develop you with the skills and confidence you need.
- Free parking – available to all employees in the designated parking areas on our sites.
Squire’s is a family-owned group of 16 garden centres based in Surrey, Sussex, Middlesex, and Berkshire. We are committed to growing our business and to promoting the highest standards in horticultural retailing. We want our staff to enjoy working with us in a friendly, energetic customer focused environment.
Closing date is Friday 10 December 2021
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org