This is a 10 month maternity relief role based at our Group Office in Farnham, Surrey.
Squire’s is a family owned group of 15 garden centres based in Surrey, Sussex, Middlesex and Berkshire. We are committed to growing our business and to promoting the highest standards in horticultural retailing. We want our staff to enjoy working with us in a friendly, energetic customer focused environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our small in-house HR team with this very varied and hands on role, in a friendly environment.
Your primary responsibility will be to provide a comprehensive HR and Training service, which assists Squire’s in achieving its organisational goals.
Working closely with the HR Manager and HR & Payroll Administrator to co-ordinate all HR and training functions from beginning to end.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing impartial advice and guidance to managers on all aspects of HR, including performance issues and employment legislation
- Ensuring Disciplinary, Performance and Capability and Grievance investigations and hearings are conducted in accordance with agreed policies
- To ensure that appropriate measures are in place to tackle attendance issues
- Responsible for keeping up-to-date on, and communicating new employment legislation as appropriate
- Managing all training resources as appropriate
- In conjunction with HR & Payroll Administrator, ensuring that the training records database is accurately maintained
- Evaluating training activities effectively, and promoting continuous improvement
- Ensuring sensitive and confidential information is processed in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act
- Ensuring all recruitment administration, including responses to unsuccessful candidates, is processed professionally and efficiently
- Participating in projects and initiatives as required
- Undertaking other duties as may reasonably be required
- Ensure that the HR and Training function is identified as adding value to the business
Who we are looking for:
- Proven relevant HR and Training experience in a similar role
- Relevant HR qualifications
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Organised, self-disciplined with a positive, collaborative attitude
- Ability to deliver high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven experience in an HR position within a retail environment is essential
- Proven experience in an HR position within Garden Centres or Restaurants is desirable