Squire’s is an expanding family owned group of 16 garden centres located in the West London/Surrey area. This is a fantastic opportunity to join our in-house Payroll/HR team with this very varied and hands on role, in a friendly environment.
Your primary responsibility is to administer monthly payroll for 950 employees, plus seasonal employees, inhouse whilst supporting the HR, Training and Recruitment functions. You will be comfortable working in a multisite role, in a very busy HR office.
· Providing payroll duties, including administration to ensure all our employees are paid accurately and on time.
· Performing all activities necessary to process the payroll, including liaising with payroll provider, maintaining related records, preparing accounting spreadsheets and documents, and preparing special reports for management.
· Managing all payroll resources as appropriate.
· Investigating and resolving payroll queries.
· Dealing with pension contributions and holiday calculations.
· Process data to monitor compliance with the Working Time Directive.
· Manage Payroll deductions, attachment of earnings and CSA.
· Contract administration, preparing new starter contracts and issuing to new staff members.
· Keep HR files up to date.
· Ensure compliance with sensitive and confidential information in accordance with the provisions of GDPR.
· Support HR team with administration of courses, recruitment etc.
· Support HR team with investigations and disciplinaries administration.
Who we are looking for:
· 4 years of experience with payroll processing start to finish, ideally in a retail environment.
· Must have in-house payroll experience.
· Previous experience with SAGE preferable.
· Experience of Aegon pension administration advantageous.
· Knowledge of payroll regulations and requirements.
· Good ability of all Microsoft applications especially Word and Outlook.
· Strong Excel experience.
· Clear and concise communication (oral and written).
· Excellent inter-personal skills.
· Organised, self-disciplined with a positive, collaborative attitude.
· Ability to deliver high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
· Strong numerical skills.
· High integrity ensuring confidentiality at all times.
· Ability to self-manage working with minimal supervision.
· Talent to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
· Ability to provide a high level of customer service, professionalism and courtesy to our employees at all levels.