Salary: Based on experience
Hours: 40 per week
Squire’s is a family owned group of 15 garden centres based in Surrey, Sussex, Middlesex and Berkshire. We are committed to growing our business and to promoting the highest standards in horticultural retailing. We want our staff to enjoy working with us in a friendly, energetic customer focused environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our small in-house HR team with this very varied and hands on role, in a friendly environment.
You will end to end manage the payroll function across the Group.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing payroll duties, including administration to ensure all our employees are paid accurately and on time.
- Performing all activities necessary to process the payroll, including liaising with payroll provider, maintaining related records, preparing accounting spreadsheets and documents, and preparing special reports for management.
- Managing all payroll resources as appropriate.
- Investigating and resolving payroll queries.
- Dealing with pension contributions and holiday calculations.
- Process data to monitor compliance with the Working Time Directive.
- Manage Payroll deductions, attachment of earnings and CSA.
- Administer pension payments.
- Keep HR files up to date.
- Ensure compliance with sensitive and confidential information in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Support HR team with investigations and disciplinaries.
- Support HR team with administration of courses, recruitment etc
Who we are looking for:
- 4 year’s experience with payroll processing start to finish, ideally in a retail environment.
- Knowledge of payroll regulations and requirements.
- Good ability of all Microsoft applications especially Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Superior communication ability (oral and written).
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Organised, self-disciplined with a positive, collaborative attitude.
- Ability to deliver high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong numerical skills.
- High integrity ensuring confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to self-manage working with minimal supervision.
- Talent to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service, professionalism and courtesy to all of our circa 800 employees, at all levels.