Reporting to: Marketing Executive
For this new role, we are looking for an enthusiastic and organised person, with digital marketing experience and plenty of creative thinking!
The main focus areas of this exciting role, is to manage and create content for our social media channels and website, analysing the impact and make recommendations. The aim being to drive footfall into our centres and generate online sales. You will also assist with the management of campaigns and be the first point of contact to support our centres.
You will be tech savvy and intuitive with great ideas to reinforce our marketing campaigns
You will be part of a small busy in-house marketing and design team, so being hands on and a team player is essential.
- Plan, schedule and monitor our social media channels (with a particular focus on Facebook and Instagram); maximising engagement and reach
- Create dynamic and engaging social media copy and video content
- Work with the graphics team to create visual assets.
- Propose new ideas and concepts for social media content.
- Liaise with the e-commerce and buying teams to manage products pushed on social media.
- Monitor online brand mentions and respond to customer comments in a timely fashion
- Identify and work with influencers to review our products and services
- Manage the day-to-day content of our website to ensure it is always up to date and accurate, using WordPress, and assist with website development projects
- Assist with the optimisation of our website content, ensuring an improving ranking on google
- Report on our KPIs using web analytics tools and make recommendations
- Assist with the management of events and campaigns
- Be the first marketing point of contact for the centres and support them with their requirements
- Support the group office team with print and stationery requests
- Be hands on to ensure that the POS is delivered to the centres on time
- Support the Group Marketing Manager and Marketing Executive with projects
The successful candidate will ideally
- have proven experience as a marketing assistant or similar role.
- be degree educated with a minimum 2:1, preferably marketing/business related
- have a good working knowledge of Google Analytics, Hootsuite and WordPress
- Experience managing Facebook and Instagram is essential
- Have strong creative writing skills.
- Be comfortable with analysing data and making recommendations
- have worked in fast moving consumer facing business (retail or service business ideally)
- be confident in multi-tasking, excellent attention to detail and have a proactive, ‘can-do’ attitude
- appreciate gardens as places to relax with friends and family, as well as grow great stuff!
Hours: Full Time – Monday to Friday 08:30 – 17:30
At Squire’s we know that it’s our people who make the Company successful. Since 1936 the purpose of our business has been the happiness of those who work in it. Both our employees and our customers are extremely important to us.
We want our employees to be known for their friendliness, helpfulness, and good customer service, with their whole ethos being ‘nothing is too much trouble for our customers’. In turn we will provide an extensive benefit package, please see below.
Rewards & Benefits
- Employee Discount – 50% in Restaurants and10% in Garden Centre on joining, increasing to 20% after 3 months service, 25% after 2 years’ service and 30% after 5 years’ service.
- Holiday (including bank holidays) – 5.6 weeks on joining increasing to 6.2 week after 2 years’ service and 6.6 weeks after 5 years’ service.
- Bonus – We reward our employees with a non-contractual bonus at Christmas, based on the profit of the company in any financial year. (first year is dependent on start date)
- Pension – We are all aware of how important it is to save for our retirement. We offer a Defined Contribution Pension Plan to new employees. If you pay into the plan and meet the government criteria, the company will too, and these contributions will be invested.
- Attendance – Our employees with 100% attendance in a financial year, are rewarded with Squire’s gift vouchers.
- Made A Difference Scheme (M.A.D) – a reward scheme for team members who make a difference to our business through; outstanding customer service, over and above normal duties or initiatives that have grown / inspired the business. There is a monthly winner and a ‘team member of the year’. All winners select a gift to receive.
- Learning & Development -You can look forward to a wealth of learning opportunities with us that will enhance and develop you with the skills and confidence you need.
- Free parking – available to all employees in the designated parking areas on our sites.
About us Squire’s is a family-owned group of 16 garden centres based in Surrey, Sussex, Middlesex, and Berkshire. We are committed to growing our business and to promoting the highest standards in horticultural retailing. We want our staff to enjoy working with us in a friendly, energetic customer focused environment.
Closing date is Friday 10 December 2021
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org