Squire’s is a family owned group of 16 Garden Centres based in Surrey, Sussex, Middlesex and Berkshire. We are committed to growing our business and to promoting the highest standards in horticultural retailing. We want our employees to enjoy working with us in a friendly, energetic customer focused environment.
A new, exciting position has arisen for a highly capable Manager to join our Company, leading our sustainability strategy, whilst ensuring cost savings and supporting the Operational Team to secure best terms with third party suppliers.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an energetic, passionate and strategic thinking team player to really help us make a difference, whilst enhancing business performance and supporting the long-term interests of the company.
We are looking for an individual with
- A passion for environmental issues and belief in the power of Sustainability measures to drive long term business success
- Strong commercial awareness and financial acumen
- Proven knowledge of all key Garden Centre processes in front line management
- Understanding of Café Bar processes and challenges
- Eye for detail and excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
- Ability to spot opportunities to reduce cost and environmental impact
- Clear and strategic thinker able to see the wider picture
- Committed to our business and to its long term development and prosperity
They will be:
- Skilled communicator, both verbal and written
- Strong numerically and analytically
- Proven project management experience, with ability to use Microsoft 365 project management tools, and proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to foster good relationships with multiple stake holders, both internal and external
- Ideally experienced in the retail sector and multi-site operations
- Effective negotiator
Location: Badshot Lea Group Office/Twickenham, with significant travel around 16 Centres
Contract: Fixed term – 18 months, 1 March 2020 – 31st August 2021
Salary competitive plus package including car allowance, private medical/dental, bonus & pension
Closing date for applications is 24 January 2020