Easy Gardening In No Time
Enjoy spending more time in the garden without the effort
In a recent survey by Squire’s Garden Centres 34% of people said that lack of time was the main reason they didn’t do more gardening.
Sarah Squire, Deputy Chairman at Squire’s Garden Centres commented, “We all lead busy lives, so it’s no surprise that people feel they don’t have enough time for gardening. However, there are lots of things you can do to make life easier for yourself in the garden. Focus on planting what you love and love what you plant. Roses are one of my favourites, in particular ‘Gertrude Jekyll’ for a shrub rose and ‘The Generous Gardener’ as a climber. Both are such good performers. Hydrangeas and hardy Fuchsias bloom on and on in late summer, and my Salvia ‘Hot Lips’ often flowers into October. Also never underestimate the power of a good shrub. For year-round interest and structure the garden shrub is a thing of beauty and needs very little care once established.”
There are lots of other quick and easy ways that you can make your garden look beautiful, and it won’t cost you a fortune either.
- Ready Planted Containers – All the hard work has been done for you! Simply place them by your front door or on your patio to give instant impact to your garden.
- Big Pots – Large pots will really make a statement. Add evergreen buxus plants to introduce shape and structure to your garden.
- Jumbo Bedding Packs – Brighten up empty spaces in your garden with a beautiful and colourful seasonal assortment of larger bedding plants (‘Designer Jumbo 6 Pack’ £8.99 at Squire’s).
- Huge Hydrangeas – A popular and easy to grow shrub with delicate flowers and pretty autumn colour and leaf shape (4.5 litre pot £14.99 or 2 for £20 at Squire’s).
- Delightful Dahlias – These colourful flowers will bloom from now through to the first frosts (3.8 litre pot £9.99 or 2 for £15 at Squire’s).
- Say It With Salvias – Striking spires of small hooded flowers in shades of blue, pink and white will grace your beds, borders and pots from summer to autumn without a break (3.8 litre pot £9.99 or 2 for £15 at Squire’s).
- Solar Lighting – Give your garden the wow factor in the evening by adding solar light bulbs or strings of lights to make your garden twinkle (Eureka! Lightbulbs £2.99 each at Squire’s)
- Fabulous Furniture – Invest in stylish new outdoor furniture and you’ll want to stay outdoors all summer long (Geneva Mini Corner Suite £1,199 at Squire’s)
And with the longest day coming up on 21st June the lighter evenings give you the perfect reason to enjoy more time in your garden.