Pottery Painting Evenings at Mambo Jambos
Pottery Painting Evening at Mambo Jambos – Squire’s Garden Centres
Squire’s Garden Centre in Washington is holding monthly pottery painting evenings for adults at their Mambo Jambos studio. Come and have fun and relax with your friends while painting your own unique pottery piece. Mambo Jambos staff will be on hand to offer creative ideas and tips, and you are welcome to bring along your own wine and nibbles.
Craft activities such as pottery painting have increased in popularity over the last few years. Here are just some of the reasons why you should give it a go:
- It’s a wonderful hobby – It’s great to have a hobby that allows you to express your inner artist and design something beautiful or useful.
- It’s fun – It’s fun and therapeutic to make things with your hands. You get to choose a pottery piece, think of a design, select your paint colours, and get hints & tips from the experts.
- It’s social – Get together with friends and like-minded people.
- It’s creative – Are you going to create something for yourself or a gift? What colours will you use? Should it be practical or frivolous? Release your creativity!
- It’s relaxing – Painting makes you feel peaceful, calm and centered. It’s a great distraction from everyday life, and a chance to relax and unwind after a busy day.
- It makes you feel good – Creating something gives you a great sense of achievement and satisfaction.
- It improves hand-eye co-ordination & brain health – Making things and learning new skills can be an excellent way to keep your brain youthful, as well as helping your hand-eye co-ordination.
Katie Siesage, age 35 from Worthing said “I love to come and paint at Mambo Jambos because it’s such a great environment and it’s really calming, especially when I can make it to the adult only evenings! Painting is very relaxing, so I look on the evening as a craft version of a spa treatment, only much more reasonably priced! The staff are fantastic too – they’ve helped me create some lovely pieces of pottery for my home.”
Pottery painting evenings at Mambo Jambos are held monthly on the following Thursdays from 5pm-9pm – 20th July, 24th August, 21st September, 19thOctober, 23rd November and 7th December.
You can choose from a wide selection of pottery to paint. Each piece is individually priced and starts from just £4. There’s a studio fee of £2.50 per person, which is reduced to £1.50 per person for groups of six or more. Once painted, your unique design will be glazed and fired, ready for you to collect within a few weeks.
Places are limited so to book email firstname.lastname@example.org call 01903 893353.
Mambo Jambos, Squire’s Garden Centre, London Road, Washington, RH20 3BP.