Squire’s Garden Centre in Woking Now Open!
Stunning new Café Bar at Squire’s in Woking
Squire’s Garden Centre on Littlewick Road in Woking is now open again with a delightful new look.
Following a significant extension the stunning new garden centre offers an inspirational plant area, complete with an outdoor canopy to keep you and the plants dry; and a much bigger shop, offering a wider choice of gardening products, gifts and garden furniture. Visit up to 4th March and you can take advantage of a massive 20% off any garden furniture suite or BBQ.
The Café Bar has also been extended and completely refurbished giving it a light and airy feel, plus there’s a beautiful outdoor veranda where you can sit and admire the plants. There’s now also a full waiting service, so you can order food and drinks from the comfort of your table. Plus every Sunday lunchtime in March there’ll be live music from Surrey-based classical guitarist Richard Veitch between 12.30pm-2.30pm.
Sarah Squire, Deputy Chairman at Squire’s commented; “Squire’s in Woking has been completely transformed yet still remains one hundred percent true to our horticultural heritage. It’s beautifully designed and landscaped to fit within the surrounding area, and truly retains its sense of place. We hope it will be a centre that the community can be really proud of, as a local hub, a place for family and friends to get together in comfortable and relaxed surroundings. So come and see our new look garden centre – we very much look forward to welcoming our customers back, and to meeting new ones.”
On Friday 16th March come and have a chat with Sarah and her father Colin in store when they shall be planting containers to raise money for the charity Greenfingers.
Then on Saturday 17th March gardening guru Charlie Dimmock will officially open Squire’s in Woking. She’ll be at the garden centre all day, so come and meet her and enjoy the following activities:
- 10.00-10.15am – Official Opening
- With Charlie Dimmock and Squire’s Chairman Colin Squire OBE.
- 11.00-11.45am – “Grow Your Own Chips” Competition
- Charlie Dimmock will show children how to grow potatoes in a pot. Children will get to take their pot home and see if they can grow more potatoes than Charlie. There’s no need to book for this event, simply turn up on the day and give a £2 donation, which will go to Squire’s local charity Quest (Riding for the Disabled Association). Then children can come back to Squire’s in June to get their potatoes weighed, and get them turned into chips to enjoy in Squire’s Café Bar!
- 12.00-1.00pm – Gardeners Question Time
- Come and ask Charlie your gardening related questions. This is a free event and there’s no need to book, but please submit your questions in advance to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2.00-3.00pm – Spring Container Workshop
- Take part in a special one-off workshop run by Charlie Dimmock. She’ll show you planting methods, which plants to pick, and how to look them. You then get to take your planted container home to enjoy. Tickets cost £25 per person and include a hot drink and slice of cake. Booking in advance is essential, either in-person at Squire’s or by calling 01276 858446.
- All day
- Live Music from the Panama Jazz Band
- Spring colouring competition for children with prizes to won
- Clowns to entertain children
Squire’s Garden Centre, Littlewick Road, Woking, GU21 4XR.
T: 01276 858446