- Split clumps of overcrowded Snowdrops and replant.
- Prune Clematis (depending on which type you have).
- Plant trees, shrubs and perennials.
- Mulch borders.
- Prune Hybrid Tree and Floribunda Roses.
- Sow bedding plant seeds in a heated propagator.
- You can also sow Tomatoes.
- At the end of the month, water Pelargoniums to start them into growth then cut back the plant and repot once they have started growing.
- Cut Fuchsias back to about 6 inches, repot and water.
- Dead head winter Pansies and Primroses.
- Firm any Alpines that have been lifted by frost back into the soil.
- Sow Broad Beans, Carrots and Parsnips under cloches.
- Sow Onions, Peas, Leeks and Cabbage in a propagator.
- Sow Parsley in a seed tray.
- Cut autumn fruiting Raspberry canes to the ground and others to a bud above the top wire.
- Continue to prune established fruit trees and burn the prunings.