We hope you are delighted with your purchases, but if you’re not completely satisfied, there are lots of ways we can help.
Changed Your Mind
If you wish to return an item because you have changed your mind, you have up to 28 days to return it to us for an exchange or refund.
If you wish to return an item purchased online because you have changed your mind, you have up to 28 days to return it to us for a refund. We will not refund any delivery charges associated to that order.
Returning a Faulty Item
If your product develops a fault within 30 days of purchase, please return with proof of purchase and we will exchange or refund. Some products may be covered by a manufacturer’s warranty.
How To Return
If you purchased an item directly from one of our garden centres, please ensure you have the receipt and the payment card you originally used to buy the product and you can return to any Squire’s Garden Centre for an exchange or refund.
For online orders please take your order confirmation email or the delivery note and the product you wish to return or exchange or refund to any Squire’s Garden Centre.
Once we have received your return, your refund will be received within 7 working days. Please note, we do not refund any delivery costs or reimburse you for the cost of returning an item unless the item has been deemed faulty.
If a collection is requested for large bulky items that were home delivered, please be aware that we will only process your refund once the item has been returned and checked, this can take up to 14 days.
All returned items must be in line with our Returns Policy, these items will need to be unopened, unused and in their original packaging, with proof of purchase. If no proof of purchased is available, items may be exchanged or the current value of the item returned to a Squire’s gift card at the discretion of Squire’s Garden Centres.
Online Orders for Home Delivery
Amends & Cancellations
To amend or cancel an order which has not yet been dispatched, please contact your local Squire’s Garden Centre with details of the order you are amending or cancelling. If you wish to return an order or part order which has been received, please follow our return instructions.
If we sent you something you hadn’t ordered, please contact your local Squire’s Garden Centre immediately informing us of the problem and our team will be happy to assist.
Damaged Items in Transit
If any items are damaged in transit, please contact your local Squire’s Garden Centre immediately informing us of the problem and our team will be happy to assist.
If you receive an item that is faulty, please contact your local Squire’s Garden Centre immediately informing us of the problem and our team will be happy to assist. You can return items within 30 days to get either a replacement or a refund. Some products may be covered by a manufacturer’s warranty.
If you receive a plant that you believe is in poor condition, contact your local Squire’s Garden Centre immediately informing us of the problem and our team will be happy to assist. We may request that you email us a photograph of the plant so that one of our plant experts can review it and suggest the appropriate actions.
Plants are seasonal and will look different depending on what time of year it is, it does not mean there’s anything wrong with the plant. If you are concerned, please contact your local Squire’s Garden Centre who will be happy to help.
Home Collection for Faulty or Unwanted Items
Please contact your local Squire’s Garden Centre to arrange a collection from your home. This service is only applicable to heavy and/or bulky items, or delivered by a 2-person crew.
We charge a collection fee of £20 if items are unwanted, but we do not charge for the collection of damaged or faulty items delivered.
Terms & Conditions
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Items must:
- Be unused and in their original condition (including all labels and tags intact)
- Have proof of purchase such as receipt or delivery note
- You haven’t used the product
Unless faulty, this must be within 28 days of purchase.
- Ordinarily, if you have your receipt or order confirmation we will refund the original method you’ve used to purchase. Items purchased with Gift Cards will be refunded to another Gift Card.
- See below for the full list of products that cannot be returned.
- For faulty or damaged online purchases we will refund the standard delivery charge if the full order is to be returned, provided you notify us within 14 days of receiving the delivery and returning the items within 14 days thereafter. If you are only returning some of the items on your order, then we will only refund the cost of those items.
- Please note that if you return products which are outside our returns policy or if you don’t have proof of purchase, we will be unable to process a refund, so please keep your receipt or order confirmation.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
Which Items Cannot be Returned?
The following products are not eligible for exchange or refund (unless faulty or not as described):
- Products you received over 28 days ago
- Products that have been opened or unsealed (other than where necessary to inspect)
- Products without original packaging or labels
- Products or packaging in poor condition
- Gift Cards
- CDs / DVDs that have been opened
- Perishable items or food products which have an expiry date
- Plants and Trees
- Products that cannot be returned for hygiene reasons:
- Any made to measure/specification products
Please note that if you return items which are outside our Returns Policy or if you don’t have proof of purchase, we’re unable to process a refund, so please keep your receipt or order confirmation.
3 Year Hardy Plant Guarantee
Our hardy plants (excluding bulbs, annuals and houseplants) are all guaranteed for 3 years from the date you purchased them. If the plant fails in the first 3 years, please contact your local Squire’s Garden Centre informing us of the problem and our team will be happy to assist. We only sell healthy clean plants. This guarantee does not include any plants damaged due to lack of watering, lack of proper horticultural care or factors outside of our control such as any pest or disease attack.
Customers are required to complete a ‘Livestock Register’ when purchasing small animals and/or fish. We only sell livestock that we believe are in good health from reputable breeders.
- Fish 48 hours Health Guarantee
- Pets 72 hours Health Guarantee