Free sunflower seeds are a bright way to raise money for charity at Squire’s
Many charities have found it a challenge to raise money during the pandemic, so Squire’s Garden Centres has come up with a bright idea to raise money for charity and cheer people up at the same time. They are offering children a free pack of sunflower seeds in April in return for a donation to the local charities that they support.
Collect a FREE pack of sunflower seeds at Squire’s from 1st April & donate to charity
Pick up a free pack of sunflower seeds and a growing guide from Squire’s Garden Centres Information Desk (excludes Chertsey) from 1-30 April. One pack of sunflower seeds per household, under 16s only, while stocks last.
A donation to Squire’s local charity is invited, simply pop some cash into the collection box. Your donation will go directly to the local charity (see list below), plus an additional 30p from each pack of seeds will go to BBC Children in Need, who support children and young people in communities right across the UK.
Plant seeds at home
Follow the growing guide which contains expert tips to ensure that your sunflowers reach for the sky! With many seeds in each pack your garden could soon be transformed into a swath of bright yellow cheery sunflowers, which your child can grow and nurture.
Enter the competition in August to win £100!
Take a photo of your child next to their tallest sunflower between 1-20 August 2021. Ensure you include a measuring tape that clearly shows the sunflowers height. Email your photo to email@example.com or post it on Squire’s Facebook or Instagram page. Full details can be found on the growing guide or online here. The winner will be announced by 27 August and will receive a £100 gift voucher to spend at Squire’s! There are also 2 Runners Up prizes of a £50 gift voucher to spend at Squire’s.
Squire’s is raising money for the following local charities
- Squire’s Badshot Lea Woodlarks Camp Site
- Squire’s Cobham Cancer Research UK
- Squire’s Crawley Carers Support West Sussex
- Squire’s Frensham Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice Care
- Squire’s Hersham Elmbridge Mencap
- Squire’s Long Ditton Royal Star & Garter
- Squire’s Milford The Meath
- Squire’s Reigate SASH Charity
- Squire’s Shepperton Quest Riding for The Disabled
- Squire’s Stanmore Penniwells Riding for The Disabled
- Squire’s Twickenham Integrated Neurological Services
- Squire’s Washington Chestnut Tree House
- Squire’s West Horsley Horsley & Bookham Riding for the Disabled
- Squire’s Woking Woking Age Concern
- Squire’s Wokingham COATS For Crowthorne’s Seniors