Stunning new British plants for your garden this spring
As the weather starts to warm up it’s a great time to treat yourself to some new plants for your garden. There are some stunning new varieties to choose from this year, many of which are grown in Britain.
Sarah Squire, Chairman of Squire’s Garden Centres commented; “We are proud to stock a superb selection of new British grown plants this season. Look out for new varieties of Roses, Cordyline and Erysimum wallflowers among many others – the colour and scent will be truly amazing! Britain is home to some of the best growers in the world, and every year the quality and choice of varieties gets better and better. At Squire’s we always try to support local growers, in fact 80% of our plants are grown in Britain, many from nurseries that are very local indeed. This promotes our brilliant British nursery sector and reduces plant miles.”
So, if you want top quality British grown plants that have been cared for by experts, buy online or head to your local Squire’s garden centre and stock up for spring!
Great British plants available at Squire’s Garden Centres
- NEW Erysimum ‘Winter Charm’ wallflower – this new variety of wallflower is fragrant and has multi-coloured flowers in tones of yellow, purple and orange. It produces soft velvety blooms year after year from March to July (from £4.99).
- NEW Escallonia ‘Showstopper’ – an easy-care evergreen shrub or a low hedging plant, this new variety has bigger brighter flowers from July to October with a neat, compact shape (£12.99).
- NEW Heuchera ‘Frilly’ – this fun new variety has unique frilly leaves and is excellent for filling gaps between taller plants. It produces attractive caramel coloured foliage year-round (£10.99).
- NEW Cordyline ‘Pink Star’ – with its distinctive shape and spiky raspberry and apricot-pink leaves this new variety will bring instant impact to large summer containers. Available late April (£17.99).
- NEW Cordyline ‘Charlie Boy’ – this new variety is more colourful than ever with striped leaves in shades of burgundy edged in cerise pink. It works well in large summer containers. Available late April (£17.99).
- NEW Euonymus ‘Gold Rocket’ – this new small upright, very hardy evergreen shrub with variegated leaves is perfect in containers and grows almost anywhere. Available early April (£12.99).
- NEW Rose ‘Sommergold’ – a new yellow-gold climbing rose that’s bee-friendly (from £10.99).
- NEW Rose ‘Ebb Tide’ – this new variety has deep smoky plum frilled petals and a spicy-citrus fragrance (from £10.99).
- Forsythia – a deciduous shrub with bright golden-yellow flowers in spring (from £14.99).
- English Lavender – sumptuous scented flowers that attract bees & butterflies (from £10.99).
- Aubrieta – an abundance of purple flowers, perfect in a raised bed or rockery. Available early April (from £2.99).
- Anemone ‘Harmony Double Scarlet’ – this striking plant attracts bees with its bold red flowers and bright green lacy foliage. It flowers from May to June (£10.99).
- Clematis ‘Alpina’ –has a mesmerizing fragrance and delicate nodding flowers that suit high walls and sturdy fences. Very free flowering between April and May (£14.99).