1) Place your basket on a bucket to keep it steady whilst you plant.
2) You will need to line your basket. Some baskets have a ready made liner or if you need to line, you can do so with materials such as plastic or moss.
3) Once lined, snip a few drainage holes into the lining if plastic. Then fill the basket two-thirds full with compost.
4) It is advisable to add a handful of controlled release fertiliser granules and water-retaining gel to your mix.
5) Use one plant for every 2.5-3cm of basket diameter when constructing your hanging basket.