Hanging Baskets & Containers:
- Continue to water and feed regularly.
- Don’t forget to dead head to encourage the production of new flowers.
- Dead head faded flowers of perennials and annuals, if they are not required for collecting seed.
- Trim Lavender bushes once they have finished flowering. Do not cut down into the wood.
- Take cuttings of tender perennials such as Pelargoniums, Fuchsias and Salvias.
- Stop feeding Roses so as to discourage soft growth.
- Prune rambling and shrub Roses cutting only the old stem that flowered this year.
- Sow Lettuce, spring Cabbage and winter Spinach.
- Pinch out the tips of Runner Beans.
- Pick Courgettes regularly.
- Take cuttings of woody herbs, e.g. Lavender, Rosemary and Sage.
- Cut down Raspberry canes that have fruited and support new canes.
- Plant Strawberry runners which have rooted.
- Continue to feed Tomato plants.