- Keep off frosty or water logged lawns.
- Dead head winter flowering Pansies.
- Choose flower and vegetable seeds.
- Examine Dahlia tubers and Chrysanthemum stores for mould.
- Hard prune tough deciduous hedges such as Hawthorn and Privet.
- Firm shrubs that may have been loosened by the wind and remove any dead or diseased shoots.
- Prune Wisteria sinensis. This will encourage it to produce flowers rather than too much leaf. Cut back side shoots to about 3-4 inches while the plant is dormant.
- Cut back late flowering Clematis.
- Cover an area of the plot with fleece, cloches or plastic to help warm up the soil and dry up the surface.
- Dig Parsnips and Leeks.
- Dig over the vegetable patch if it has not already been done.
- Choose seed Potatoes, Onions and Shallots.
- Feed trees and bushes.
- Continue winter pruning.